• At The Bead Shop we always strive to ensure that you are more than happy with your purchases and have a 100% commitment to customer satisfaction. If, for any reason, your purchase arrives to you damaged or is unsatisfactory in anyway, we will make every effort to make sure that the situation is resolved to ensure you are happy with your purchase. Items can be exchanged for goods of the same value or for a full refund for the cost of the product.
• Please bear in mind all returned items must be returned within 30-days, unused, in original condition and in their original packing, securely packed for postage and with a note enclosed quoting the original invoice number, your name, and a short explanation of what you require. Also please note if you are returning something because you do not like it, or you have ordered the wrong item, then we can only refund you for the goods returned - not the postage. Items returned after the 30-day period has passed may be subject to a stock charge.
We have a free returns policy and can provide a PDF version of our free returns label via email should you require one. This should be printed and filled out, then taped to the back of your package/envelope and simply posted.
For more information or any queries please contact us on:
Email The Bead Shop or call us at 0161 274 4040
• Due to current EU Hygiene regulations, Earrings are non-returnable.
• Complaints/ Suggestions - If you have any complaints/suggestions about our services please email us and we will be happy to help in any way that we can. Any feedback, both positive and negative, is very important to us as it will help us to provide the best service possible. At all stages during the complaints process we will advise you via email of the steps we are taking to resolve the matter.
• Due to certain manufacturing processes we are unable to guarantee colour continuity. Due to the nature of handmade products, slight differences in shape/form are possible. Beads may discolour over time so we cannot guarantee they will remain colourfast indefinitely. Also customers should note that due to the nature of different internet browsers and monitor settings, certain colours may appear slightly different in tone to their true colouring. This is unavoidable, but we are happy to give a refund if you are unhappy with the colouring as we want to make sure that all customers will be delighted with their items.
Most of the time yes, if you do not like something once you have received it you can return it, but occasionally this is not always possible. Please our full Returns Policy for details.
And also please see the FAQ page titled "Can I exchange something?”
If you would like to return and exchange something because you do not like it or you have no use for it, you may return it but you will be required to pay for the postage on the new item being dispatched to you. The quickest and easiest thing to do is to make a new order for the items you do want, and return the other item for a refund. This way you will pay for your postage and receive your new items much quicker.
If an item is broken or damaged, please email us or call us immediately on 01612744040 and let us know so we can replace it. Occasionally, in certain cases, we may need to see the item before dispatching a new one to help us with your enquiry but more often than not we will aim to get a replacement item out to you as soon as we hear from you.
If an item is wrong or missing: Please check for an "Out Of Stock Notice" note. If this is not present, please contact us on 0161 2744040 or email us
· Orders are sent by Royal Mail First Class unless specified otherwise
· There is no minimum order
· Orders up to £30 have a postal charge of £2.50
· Orders over £30 have FREE delivery and are sent First Class Royal Mail
Dispatch Times – 1st class and Recorded post -
· We aim to dispatch your goods within 48 hours of your order being made. (Excluding Sat/Sun). For example, if you place your order at 11am on Monday, we aim to dispatch it by Wednesday's post if not before. If placed on Friday, your order should be dispatched by Tuesday at the latest. Please note if you place your order on Sunday, it will be behind orders placed over Saturday, and therefore we would then aim to dispatch it by Tuesday's post.
Dispatch Times - Next Day/Special Delivery post -
· Royal Mail Next Day/Special Delivery is guaranteed for 1pm the day after dispatch. In order for your Next Day order to be dispatched the same day, and therefore be delivered the next day, your order needs to be placed by 10am *that* day. Please note, Next Day post is only delivered on week days. So if you place your order before 10am on Friday, although it will be dispatched that day, it will not be delivered until Monday. Some particular sizes and weights of Next Day orders are sent by courier instead of by Royal Mail and may be delivered by 5pm the next day.
· If you have chosen Next Day delivery or Recorded/Signed-For delivery (any order over £75), you can request the Royal Mail tracking code from us once the parcel has been dispatched. Please note; Recorded delivery simply means a signature is required upon delivery which is uploaded to the Royal Mail website giving proof that it was delivered, it does not guarantee a faster delivery.
Charges outside the UK –
· All orders with a shipping address outside the UK, including the Republic of Ireland are sent recorded delivery. As a result you will incur an extra charge; this extra charge is to simply insure the safe delivery of your package.
· Regrettably the free postage offer is not available for non-UK customers.
· For European and EU Countries the postage cost is £4.95.
· For all Countries outside of Europe the delivery cost is £9.50 or £15.00 if the order is over £150.00, this is due to the weight of the package.
· To see which part of Europe you are in for the postage costs - click here
Sometimes with the high security of mailboxes, the automatic emails may have gone into your spam box, please check there first. If there is no email, please email us with the date of purchase and name.
Whilst we aim to send every order out within 1-2 days, sometimes the postal service isn't so efficient and orders are occasionally delayed in the post. We find that 99% of delayed orders do always turn up in the end, so please give 7 working days before notifying us of a delayed order.
If your order has not turned up after 15 working days, we will send the order out again free of charge. We cannot do this any earlier because 15 days is the length of time it takes before Royal Mail to declare something officially lost. Please ensure that you have the correct address details on your order as we cannot resend items if the address supplied was incorrect.
If you have tried to place an order and you are not sure if it has gone through successfully, please log in to your account, go to My Account, then My Orders, and check the status of your order.
Pending - If it says this next to your order, payment was not successful and you will need to try again. No money will have been taken, and a Pending order will not be processed or posted. Please also note: If you have not received a confirmation email, then the order was not successful. To try again, please click the Re-Order link to the right of your order.
Processing - If it says this next to your order, payment was successful and there is nothing to worry about! You should also receive a confirmation email.
Complete - If it says this next to your order, your order has been processed and will be dispatched shortly.
Phone ordering hours - 10am - 1pm & 1:30pm - 3pm. We are happy to take orders over the phone, but we do request that you have the ID codes for the products ready, as we cannot take an order without them. Please note we do not take telephone orders after 3pm.
If you would like to pay for your order over the phone, please create an account first (click here to do this), then add all the items you would like to the shopping cart, and then call us on 0161 2744040 to pay by card over the phone.
Most of our products have pricing options to buy in large/wholesale quantities. Please see Silver Plated 50mm Headpins for example, which come in 10s, 100s and 1000s.
We can sometimes offer discounts on large amounts of other products on the website, but this depends on the individual product in question, so please call us on 0161 2744040 regarding any bulk purchasing.
All jewellery and findings we sell are 'Nickel Compliant' in line with the EU law passed in 2000, stating that any item intended to come into direct and prolonged contact with the skin must contain less than 0.05% Nickel.
Here at The Bead Shop, we pride ourselves on having the most regularly updated product range around. Every day we find new products and add them to our website to keep our range fresh and interesting for you. This means that we cannot produce a physical catalogue, due to the fact it would be out of date immediately and you would not have access to the brand new products that we add every day.
Here you will find helpful information on how to make your own jewellery.