About Crimp Covers
Crimp covers give a more professional finish to a piece of handmade jewellery they conceal the folds of a crimp and disguise it as a bead, this is especially good if you plan on selling your work. Crimp covers are also very useful if you haven’t managed to pull the Beadalon jewellery wire as tightly as you would have liked, because they take up slightly more space than your crimp and therefore mask and extra wire. Larger crimp covers can also be used to cover knots.
Crimp Cover Size Guide
- 3mm- crimps covers- fit 1.3mm, 1.5mm and 2mm crimps
- 4mm crimp covers -fit 2mm and 2.5mm crimps
- 5mm crimp covers- fit any crimps bigger than 2.5mm / used to cover knots and fill gaps.
How to use a Crimp Cover
- Firstly, fold your crimp over your jewellery wire using a pair of crimping pliers
- Take your crimp cover and place it over your crimp
- Then using either the front section of your crimping pliers or a pair of flat nose pliers simply gently squeeze the crimp cover closed so that it encases the crimp in a neat little ball.