Get The Festival Look With This DIY Memory Wire Bracelet
Making your own jewellery is a fun way to express your style and personality – and handmade jewellery makes the perfect gift. With festival season around the corner, everyone is on the lookout for the perfect boho accessories. Stacking bracelets are a great way to capture that festival chic look, and this memory wire alternative is perfect to recreate the look. You can change the bead style for every loop to create the illusion of different bracelets, and you’ll be much less likely to lose them if they’re all joined together.
We’ve included a bead guide at the end to help you choose the perfect combination of beads to complete your festival look. You hardly need any specialist jewellery making equipment for this project, so you can get started right away.
You will need
- Memory wire bracelet
- Round Nose Pliers
- Memory Wire Cutters
- Assorted beads and charms
- Headpin findings
- Decide how long you want your bracelet to be and cut your memory wire to the correct number of loops. 6 loops will be a good sized bracelet but you can create a fuller bracelet by using more loops. If you’re using very large beads, you might want to stick to 2 or 3 loops.
- Create a loop in one end of the memory wire and start stringing your beads. Create the illusion of a stacking bracelet by changing the bead colour on each loop.
- When you’ve reached the end of the wire, close the wire by creating a small loop.
- To conceal the loops at the end of the wire, you’ll need to create a dangle charm for each end. Choose a decorative bead and thread it on to a headpin finding. Thread the headpin finding through one of the end loops and secure it in place with a loop. Wrap the wire around the base of the loop and then trim the remaining wire to create a wrap loop. Repeat the process with
Get creative with your choice of beads, or create a few different bracelets so you’ll have one for every outfit.
- Go for turquoise and silver beads with charms for a festival boho vibe.
- Combine pearls with metallic beads for a luxe vibe.
- Use seed beads in bright colours for a pop of personality.
- Mix freshwater pearls with semi precious bead nuggets and antique brass charms to capture the hippie girl trend.
- Fimo beads in candy colours will offer a kitsch burst of colour to any outfit.