The Beadsmith Beading Awl is ideal for hand-knotting thread between beads designs with precise accuracy as well as for loosening them. The strong, sharp point is also useful for opening crimp covers to cover already-crimped crimp beads/tubes as well as being great for cleaning out bead holes.
Has a comfortable ergonomic handle.
Knotting with an awl:
1. Secure one end of your silk or nylon thread cord to a fastener.
2. String a bead onto the cord.
3. Make a loop around two of your fingers with the loose end of the cord.
4. Drop the end of the cord between your fingers to create a loose overhand knot.
5. Insert the tip of the awl through the center of the knot.
6. Carefully slide the knot toward the bead while pulling the loose end with your other hand.
7. Remove awl and pull the knot tight.
8. Repeat with each bead until your piece is complete.
Delivery starts from as little as 95p (First Class only £1.95) and we aim to dispatch all orders within 48 hours.
Free First Class delivery is available for UK orders over £25 and free Courier delivery for UK orders over £150.
Want your order quick? Try our Next Working Day delivery service for £6.50, guaranteeing your order for the next working day if placed before 10am.
We also ship internationally from as little as £3.00, simply select your country at the checkout. Is your country not listed? Contact us and let us know!
Click here to find out more about our Delivery Prices and services.
We pride ourselves in offering a high level of customer service (and love to talk about beads!) so feel free to get in touch. Our friendly customer service team is available Monday to Friday 10am-1:30pm. If you would like to speak to us in person, you can call us on 0161 274 4040. Alternatively, please email us at email@example.com or click here to contact us via our contact form.
We look forward to hearing from you!