At The Bead Shop we have a sizable range of natural and coloured wooden beads which are suited to a number of different jewellery making projects as well as being competitively priced.
There are many advantages in working with wooden beads; they are lightweight and chunky, meaning they are easy to handle and a large quantity can fit on your chosen stringing material without weighing it down.
The threading holes in wooden beads are large and therefore great for beginners who can use a variety of different stringing materials.
Different Types Of Wooden Beads
At the Bead Shop we have hand-picked some of the best-loved wooden beads for you to choose from:
- Wooden heart beads. These laser-cut wooden heart pendants are 60mm and come in a selection of different colours
- Czech wooden round beads are available in 6, 8, 10, 12 18 mmm sizes and you can choose from black, brown, natural, pink, blue, red, yellow, green and orange
- Berries wooden round mixes provide a combination of berry-coloured beads to make a vibrant and unique piece of jewellery
- Our pink multicolour Indian wooden oval beads are unique in colour and shape and bring a rustic and cultural feel to many different craft pieces
- Wooden shape mixes can be purchased in different styles and colours including plain tube, wooden disc, heart or flower mixes
- Wooden doll heads are available in blue, red or green and bring instant character to your design
- Square, barrel, wooden oval beads are easy to thread and come in a number of colours and natural shades
Working With Wooden Beads
Working with wooden beads is a great way to start a beading hobby for yourself and also youngsters interested in jewellery making. Their resilience and size mean they don’t require oodles of patience and they still produce a great end result.
It always helps to make sure you have the right equipment to work with before your begin your wooden bead design.
Some of The Bead Shop’s suggested accessories for bead making are below:
- Leather cord is an ideal way to string your wooden beads together to create an earthy texture and tone to your wooden bead item. Our variety includes browns, blacks and natural shades with thickness sizes ranging from 1 – 2 mm
- Suede cord works well with wooden beads, bringing together a solid and simple feel to your creation. We have 3 mm Ultra Micro Fibre Suede in 19 different colours
- Stretch Magic is made from elastic and is great for allowing your wooden beads to flow more freely on your stringing material. It is also a preferred choice for young beaders and adult beginners. At The Bead Shop we have a wide choice of Stretch Magic with sizes ranging from 0.5 mm up to 1 mm in thickness and up to 10 m in length
- Spacers also work well with many wooden bead designs. Have a look at our impressive selection of mixed and singular spacers available at The Bead Shop